Friday 19 February 2010

The Country Mouse, Brimstage Craft centre

After a pleasant hour or so spent poking round the quaint little shops of Brimstage Craft centre, our tummies were rumbling, so we popped into the Country Mouse - and got the surprise of our lives.
Even though it was a grey Thursday in January, the place was full! And we had to wait!!
So, what did that tell us? We thought we were onto a winner.
We didn't have to wait long to be seated and, even though it was rather cramped, it felt cozy.
I chose a baked potato with beans and was asked to help myself from the salad bar, which, by the time we were seated, was a little sparse.
My friend chose lasagne, which came with some crunchy green beans, which she left.
It filled a gap; it wasn't expensive; it was edible - but there are better places to spend your money.
I suppose I could say it wasn't memorable and, after writing this blog, I could happily forget all about it.
Except that my friend has found a good clothes shop there.
I'm sure we'll be back.
Meanwhile, 5/10 for food and ambience

1 comment:

  1. Such a shame it's gone downhill! I used to go there for afternoon tea in the mid-eighties. Pot of tea, lovely cake, huge scone and tiffin for £2.45... oh blooming heck, I'm starting to sound like the Four Yorkshiremen...

    ReplyDelete